MLM Pre-Launches/ MLM Launches

+ Reply to Post

Dallin Larsen's New Company?

by Steve_Fazia » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 am

Although I have never been associated with Mr. Larsen's 2 previous ventures, I recognize the significance of his leadership in contributing to both of those companies becoming billion dollar enterprises (USANA, Monavie). I have been recently following developments in the buildup to his third venture. What I find noteworthy is that he has been on the sidelines out of the industry for the past 2 years due to signing a non-compete when he left Monavie. It is during that 2 years that the mlm regulatory environment changed significantly with the rulings against Vemma and Herbalife. It appears his new company will address some of the retail issues accordingly. I personally would not want to start a new network marketing company in today's regulatory minefield; but kudos to Mr. Larsen for analyzing the situation and adapting his plan.

Here's a message he and his wife posted recently about his plans. Listen to what he says at the 5 minute mark about retailing vs. recruiting. This really resonated with me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsBkKGEvyvg

I'd be interested to hear what others think of his strategy?

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

Re: Dallin Larsen's New Company?

by thehealthnut » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:22 pm

I still drop in on rare occasions to see if there is anything here and haven't found anything worth posting on in a very long time. This is something I would normally do some research on and post about but after looking at the traffic I don't feel it is worth my time to bother. Even betternetworker, which used to have a lot more traffic than this forum, seems to be completely dead.
thehealthnut
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:49 am

thehealthnut wrote:I still drop in on rare occasions to see if there is anything here and haven't found anything worth posting on in a very long time. This is something I would normally do some research on and post about but after looking at the traffic I don't feel it is worth my time to bother. Even betternetworker, which used to have a lot more traffic than this forum, seems to be completely dead.

So what do you feel has happened to the forums and the industry as a whole? Has the stricter regulatory environment scared off a lot of veterans as well as potential new distributors? It would seem to be a critical time for network marketing as a whole, IMHO.

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by robf1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Last edited by robf1 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Independent Trivita Affiliate
https://www.trivita.com/13529993
robf1
Advanced Member

by cruisin_man » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Rob - dude you have been in them all . . . Nothing like experience . . .

robf1 wrote:I am very excited about Vasayo. Launch will be Jan 2017. The response I've been getting has been great. People are getting in line for when we go live later this month. I can tell you from past experience with Dallin, it's going to be one heck of a ride.
It is what it is - or - It can be what it can be . . .
cruisin_man
Advanced Member

by robf1 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:16 pm

cruisin_man wrote:Rob - dude you have been in them all . . . Nothing like experience . . .

robf1 wrote:I am very excited about Vasayo. Launch will be Jan 2017. The response I've been getting has been great. People are getting in line for when we go live later this month. I can tell you from past experience with Dallin, it's going to be one heck of a ride.

What's up CM!! This is my last ride bro. I made money in the 90s and early 2000, both companies were where Dallin was at the time. (that was 14 years ago) So I'm hedging on doing well with with Vasayo. Things are starting to fall in place!
robf1
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:57 am

As I mentioned in my original post, I have never been involved with any of Dallin's previous companies. When I saw his message about starting his final company after signing the non-compete, it originally intrigued me. However, I was disappointed to learn his new company will not have a unique, category creating technology. One of my clients locally, a health care professional, had introduced me to this liposomal delivery system some 3 years ago. Here's one example of a manufacturer utilizing the technology
http://www.LiveOnLabs.com. There are others. So to indicate that he has some kind of exclusive, either expressed or implied, is deceptive.
Furthermore, the Vasayo comp plan will apparently be a binary, which is great for the company and Mr. Larsen, but not such a good thing for the majority of distributors. I do like the fact that he will be emphasizing retail in response to recent regulatory rulings against network marketing companies. I certainly wish the Larsens and all Vasayo distributors well with this venture. But upon further review, I must pass on this company.

Steve Fazia, B.S., MRPA, CPhT
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH RESOURCES
"Good Health Is NOT Expensive, It's Priceless!"
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by MLMJack » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Steve_Fazia wrote:As I mentioned in my original post, I have never been involved with any of Dallin's previous companies. When I saw his message about starting his final company after signing the non-compete, it originally intrigued me. However, I was disappointed to learn his new company will not have a unique, category creating technology. One of my clients locally, a health care professional, had introduced me to this liposomal delivery system some 3 years ago. Here's one example of a manufacturer utilizing the technology
http://www.LiveOnLabs.com. There are others. So to indicate that he has some kind of exclusive, either expressed or implied, is deceptive.
Furthermore, the Vasayo comp plan will apparently be a binary, which is great for the company and Mr. Larsen, but not such a good thing for the majority of distributors. I do like the fact that he will be emphasizing retail in response to recent regulatory rulings against network marketing companies. I certainly wish the Larsens and all Vasayo distributors well with this venture. But upon further review, I must pass on this company.

Steve Fazia, B.S., MRPA, CPhT
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH RESOURCES
"Good Health Is NOT Expensive, It's Priceless!"

Steve, you are spot on IMHO. Best wishes to our old friend Rob :ugeek:
MLMJack
Advanced Member

by robf1 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Well guys, here's an update. A few days before the official sign up day, I backed out. I thought about it and just couldn't bring myself to work another binary. Nothing against Dallin, I just didn't want to do it again. When I was in USANA, I built two strong legs, was making weekly checks, ect.Life was going well. Then....some nut on one leg poisoned that side and the whole leg fell apart. I could never recover from that. 20+ years later, the leg left is STILL producing $10,000+ a month in volume that I built. No spill over, no power leg, and I don't get a penny from it. But yet USANA is still benefiting from the volume. So, I backed out. The more I thought about it, the more I thought binary comp plan are unfair. I wish Vasayo well, but it wasn't for me .

Rob
robf1
Advanced Member

by LillianRose » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:12 am

robf1 wrote:Well guys, here's an update. A few days before the official sign up day, I backed out. I thought about it and just couldn't bring myself to work another binary. Nothing against Dallin, I just didn't want to do it again. When I was in USANA, I built two strong legs, was making weekly checks, ect.Life was going well. Then....some nut on one leg poisoned that side and the whole leg fell apart. I could never recover from that. 20+ years later, the leg left is STILL producing $10,000+ a month in volume that I built. No spill over, no power leg, and I don't get a penny from it. But yet USANA is still benefiting from the volume. So, I backed out. The more I thought about it, the more I thought binary comp plan are unfair. I wish Vasayo well, but it wasn't for me .

Rob

Hi All,

I understand what you are saying about not liking a bianary but Dalin has done something interesting to help alleviate the weak leg/strong leg volume discrepancies. The system flushes volume at double the volume on the higher volume leg. So, when you have 240+ on one leg and 480+ on the other it will pay $25 on that volume. It will do that multiple times a day up to 1100 times a week. So if you have one leg that goes crazy in terms of volume you can start draining that out as long as you are doing even a reasonable job building volume on the other side.

I am happy to provide additional information to anyone who would like it.
VasayobyLil.Vasayo.com
LillianRose

by robf1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi All,

I understand what you are saying about not liking a bianary but Dalin has done something interesting to help alleviate the weak leg/strong leg volume discrepancies. The system flushes volume at double the volume on the higher volume leg. So, when you have 240+ on one leg and 480+ on the other it will pay $25 on that volume. It will do that multiple times a day up to 1100 times a week. So if you have one leg that goes crazy in terms of volume you can start draining that out as long as you are doing even a reasonable job building volume on the other side.

[/qu
I understand how thst works. I have seen simular plans elsewhere. But, if you only have one leg producing volume then you still get 0. Right?
robf1
Advanced Member

by LillianRose » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:45 am

I was in Monavie for four years and got to know Dalin and many of the other top distrubitors over that time period. When he sold, I tried to comtinue my business in Juenesse (the company Monavie merged into) but the culture and the attitude of caring was not there and my team fell apart.
When I heard that Dalin was starting another company, I contacted his daughter and then Corbin Rousche. Long story short I joined as a founding member partly because of the integrity of the people who are putting this company together. Dec 5th was the first day of pre-enrollment and, last I heard there were over 17K Brand Partners.
I did my research on the products and they are top of the line in terms of quality and actually competitively priced to get customers. Dalin is also doing something not generally done in the industry. The company is counting sample purchases toward volume. and, if you sell a product to your neighbor, you can post the receipt and get customer volume credit. From what I can see, they are determined to take care of their Brand Partners and avoid the pitfalls of the Herbalife/Vemma FTC issues.
There is no doubt in my mind that Dalin will bring this company to the Billion dollar mark.
How's that for what I think? If you have any specific questions I am happy to assist.
VasayobyLil.Vasayo.com
LillianRose

by LillianRose » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:59 am

robf1 wrote:
Hi All,

[/qu
I understand how thst works. I have seen simular plans elsewhere. But, if you only have one leg producing volume then you still get 0. Right?

Well, I was presuming that you are actively working your business and concentrating on the weaker leg. If you step back from any networking company your company eventually starts producing less and less volume. It is also easier if you have a product that actually produces a customer base as opposed to do nothing distributors. Not every company is for everyone and I respect how you feel. I plan to treat this like a marathon rather than a sprint and focus on building a customer base while growing the Brand Partner side. I am excited to see how the sleep and energy products work. If they are effective I know LOTS of people who will buy. Wish me luck :D
VasayobyLil.Vasayo.com
LillianRose

by LillianRose » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:07 am

[quote="MLMJack"][quote="Steve_Fazia"]As I mentioned in my original post, I have never been involved with any of Dallin's previous companies. When I saw his message about starting his final company after signing the non-compete, it originally intrigued me. However, I was disappointed to learn his new company will not have a unique, category creating technology. One of my clients locally, a health care professional, had introduced me to this liposomal delivery system some 3 years ago. Here's one example of a manufacturer utilizing the technology

I am interested in your research on liposomal delivery. I am not a health care professional so all my knowledge is self taught and limited. When I did my research I went to the site of the Dr who oversees manufacture of the product. Apparently, the method of producing the liposomes varies. Most use high heat, high pressure and toxic chemical solvents. According to Dr. Emek Blair, he has created a way to make liposomes that do not require heat, pressure or solvents to make the liposomes. This is better for use with all natural products and makes the product even more bio-available that a "traditional" liposome delivery system. Again, I am not a medical professional so I will do what any layman would, I will try it to see how it works. I am interested to hear your comments.
VasayobyLil.Vasayo.com
LillianRose

by Steve_Fazia » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Lillian,

Actually, I'm not that familiar with particulars on this technology, merely the basic premise of liposomal delivery of nutrients to the cells. What will be interesting to see is if you notice any kind of difference compared to conventional supplements you've taken in the past. If people in general do not notice any significant difference in terms of how they feel, they will not continue to pay high prices for this delivery system. I'm referring to customers here; of course distributors may keep ordering if they are making $$ :)

Keep us posted as to your product experiences. Thanks and best of success to you in this new venture.

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by LillianRose » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:11 am

Steve_Fazia wrote:Hi Lillian,

Actually, I'm not that familiar with particulars on this technology, merely the basic premise of liposomal delivery of nutrients to the cells. What will be interesting to see is if you notice any kind of difference compared to conventional supplements you've taken in the past. If people in general do not notice any significant difference in terms of how they feel, they will not continue to pay high prices for this delivery system. I'm referring to customers here; of course distributors may keep ordering if they are making $$ :)

Keep us posted as to your product experiences. Thanks and best of success to you in this new venture.

Steve

I agree. It will be results that keep customers ordering. The first thing I plan to do is get product in the hands of people I know with particular issues, such as sleep difficulties, and see how they like it. I will do that first because, IMHO, if you can't retain customers you will always be scrambling. I will keep you posted. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. Keep us posted here.
VasayobyLil.Vasayo.com
LillianRose

by MLMJack » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:20 pm

One must evaluate 4 features in any company.

The company. Who are these people? New companies present a problem as they have no tract record...just dreams and promises. The risk can be mitigated if the company principals are known and have positive past performances which some will apply to this companies.

Products should be effective and affordable, neither should be minimized. New ingredients or "delivery systems" are great selling points. But it the technology really new? Do other companies offer similar products?

Systems and support comes from the upline and company. Don't be fooled, don't join with internet strangers without proper vetting. Great social buzz and slick websites have been present in some of the worst companies.

Pay plan. Understand the basics. Would you take a job without knowing how you were being compensated? In today's world, the category ( stair-step/break; binary; unilevel; binary ) is not sufficient on which to base a judgement. Each plan must be studied as a unique plan.
Binary for example. Is it a 50-50 or a 1/3-2/3 which favors the company? Is a % paid weekly or does the distributor need a set amount to volume in each leg until a step is reached? What is the PV Ratio? ( What % of the actual money is being paid out? This varies widely in companies. Through what "hoops" do you have to jump? ( Increasing personal volume, sponsoring, and customer requirements). Structure requirements? ( How many Starship Commander legs do you need? ) Fine print?

Confusing? Sometimes, for those truly seeking to make a business decision.

But take heart. Here's the good news.
Most people joining an MLM do so on emotion. Little thinking is needed. They believe hype. They believe an expert.
( Remember the company every joined because the owner was a guy who "invented the infomercial?) It is surprising how many newbies join with friends with no vetting or considering options for home business.They think their emotional connection to a product is enough to create a serious business. It isn't.

I was the poster boy for a newbie in 1980! That's why I contribute opinions today. But remember: Seek Facts not Opinions. :ugeek:
MLMJack
Advanced Member