General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Sell Products - Sell Solutions

by Mike_Michelozzi » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:42 pm

The debate never ends - lead with products or business opportunity - or some variation formatted: the dream - the solution to broke at the end of the week - long term residual income - lifestyle - take this job and shove it.

I sell products - solutions to health and fitness needs - our options available.

Works for me.

YOU?

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

Re: Sell Products - Sell Solutions

by scottwilson » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm

There are so many hyped up products in the marketplace that I believe if you do not have an outstanding product that people can feel the difference in their lives you are not going to be in business long no matter how good the financial opportunity might be, because with so many companies offering the binary payplan that I personally hate, the product matters more than ever now.

Scott Wilson
scottwilson
Advanced Member

by Mike_Michelozzi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 pm

We share the same opinion Scott.

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:19 am

scottwilson wrote:There are so many hyped up products in the marketplace that I believe if you do not have an outstanding product that people can feel the difference in their lives you are not going to be in business long no matter how good the financial opportunity might be, because with so many companies offering the binary payplan that I personally hate, the product matters more than ever now.

Scott Wilson

I agree 100%, Scott. In light of recent FTC rulings against 2 major NM companies, product indeed 'matters more than ever now'. Well said, my friend!

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by Mike_Michelozzi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Even starting out 20+ years ago our sponsor told us to start by getting twenty customers. He said some would quit some would not quit and some would become distributors. And keep doing that.

I had been in EXCEL and we were told to get a twenty customer base and sponsor others to do the same. I went out talking to everyone about this cheap long distance and got fifty-two customers - I sponsored six none did much but for years I earned a little money from the customers.

All that is true today I believe - at least for me.

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by Barefootpainting » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 pm

I am looking to promote the heck out of the products we are offering in the health/fitness/nutrition industry as I believe many people of course want to be healthy and feel good and less want to take part in an opportunity, which is funny as year ago when I looked into a certain company that carried a wide variety of products and wanted to become a customer first, they basically just ignored me and kept pushing to be the distributor. Needless to say I am not, nor have I have been with them.

I would rather create the raving fans and have some of them decide to enroll as a reseller later on, though at this point being in pre-launch/leadership building phase it has gone well more on the team growth end up to this point.
Are you ready to shrink your gut and grow your wallet? Just click here>> "Now Lifestyle"
Barefootpainting

by Eric_Worre » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm

When it comes to leading with your product or opportunity, I find that both approaches work. It all depends on your prospect. When prospecting, find out what their dreams, goals, challenges, and problems are. Then you can decide whether to lead with your product or opportunity based on which one would most help your prospect. If they are having financial issues, you might lead with your opportunity. Or if they are having a problem that your product could solve, then lead with that. Basically, find out what your prospect's problem is and lead with whichever one can solve their problem.

With that said, I agree that it is important to become a raving fan of your product. If you don't believe in your product, you're not going to sell as much. And if you create a culture of raving fans with your customers and distributors, you will have even more success.
Your Friend and Partner,
Eric Worre - https://networkmarketingpro.com/
Eric_Worre

by Mike_Michelozzi » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

My experience, Eric.

When I sold long distance - remember EXCEL and fiber optics? I was on a mission.
EVERYONE needed it as far as I was concerned. We were told to get twenty customers
and sponsor three to begin with and I got fifty-three customers and sponsored six.

For years I got monthly LD use over rides from customer use.

I've been with another company for twenty years now and the same thing.
EVERYONE needs this nutrition as far as I'm concerned.
Other people say that about their nutrition.

When you're on a mission and passionate about your products
and you to the work - you make the contacts - you're unstoppable.

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by CoachManny » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:59 am

Whether you lead with the product or opportunity at the end of the day, people join people.

Regardless of how you lead you cannot move forward with your product or opportunity until you have determined their needs.

They may not have a need for your product they may not have a need for your oppty. You don't know that until you have built the relationship first. Lead by caring for others and asking questions to see if there is a need for your product or oppty.

So my answer is, be a giver and help others and many will follow you and join you.

Find the pain first then you know what will be better for them.

Manny
Helping Home Business Entrepreneurs Become Top Leaders in their Business
https://goo.gl/unyL58
CoachManny
Advanced Member

by imwithval » Mon May 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Barefootpainting wrote:I am looking to promote the heck out of the products we are offering in the health/fitness/nutrition industry as I believe many people of course want to be healthy and feel good and less want to take part in an opportunity, which is funny as year ago when I looked into a certain company that carried a wide variety of products and wanted to become a customer first, they basically just ignored me and kept pushing to be the distributor. Needless to say I am not, nor have I have been with them.

I would rather create the raving fans and have some of them decide to enroll as a reseller later on, though at this point being in pre-launch/leadership building phase it has gone well more on the team growth end up to this point.

Totally agree. I first became a product, and actually it was a service that my company offered. I've been a user and after I became a distributor/rep. I think that's the best approach. You have to believe in the product or service to be effective at selling it. If anything your motives will be more genuine.
imwithval
Jr Member

by imwithval » Mon May 01, 2017 3:44 pm

Mike.
I think the product or service ought to be first. I started by enrolling as a member to use the service offered by the company that I now represent. It made me a better promoter, if only because I believed in the service ability to help those I was exposing it to. I think coming from the standpoint of providing a solution to a problem is always the best approach. Now that might be answered by the product or service; or by the opportunity or even both. Whatever, but being a problem solver is the best approach. Focusing on others' needs prevents from sounding desperate as it mostly is when one thinks more about making money.
imwithval
Jr Member

by imwithval » Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Eric_Worre wrote:When it comes to leading with your product or opportunity, I find that both approaches work. It all depends on your prospect. When prospecting, find out what their dreams, goals, challenges, and problems are. Then you can decide whether to lead with your product or opportunity based on which one would most help your prospect. If they are having financial issues, you might lead with your opportunity. Or if they are having a problem that your product could solve, then lead with that. Basically, find out what your prospect's problem is and lead with whichever one can solve their problem.

With that said, I agree that it is important to become a raving fan of your product. If you don't believe in your product, you're not going to sell as much. And if you create a culture of raving fans with your customers and distributors, you will have even more success.

Very much spot on Eric. You once taught me through your training tapes back in 2001. Thanks for the lessons and your coaching!
imwithval
Jr Member

by jennifertolley » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 am

Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.

Edited: Please review forum guidelines and rules.
jennifertolley