General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

I Could use some Advice

by PolarBear » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm

First off I have to say I hate when you finish a post and hit submit and it kicks you out because you timed out while writing and lost everything and need to start over.....why are they set up this way??? So here we go again.......

My only other time in an mlm was about 15 years ago in a VOIP one. I made a few bucks, not much but was ok for learning the business until it shut down. Now about may 1st I got into my second one. It only has 2 legs and the one has over 300 signups with about 70 of those paid and which half of are top tier members. The program pays cycle bonuses and right now that leg has approximately 100 cycles ready to claim. The other leg needs only half the volume to be able to claim all the earned cycles to date. The think is the other leg only has a few signups and no paid members yet. With all the members in the other leg and spill still coming down I can see never being able to catch up and make use of anywhere near what will be available in cycling.

So here is my thought. I thought of doing a marketing campaign where I will offer 10% of my existing position to anyone who brings in 2 mid range paid members. I would do this up to 5 times so essentially giving up 50% of my spot. My thinking is that would give a shot in the arm to my other leg and with all the paid positions in the other one already I still cannot see catching up to all the cycle points it will build. Now I don't expect any heavy hitters or such to jump at this but hoping for some workers who will constantly work at building and be team players. As for money the only way I think I would lose is if I get 5 lousy partners that I would end up having to share my work with if they did nothing else. So what is your advice? Good idea? terrible idea? Not offer enough? Offer too much? Won't interest anyone? I am open to all thoughts and suggestions.
PolarBear

Re: I Could use some Advice

by Mike_Michelozzi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:11 pm

I lived in Malaysia five months building with my company
and the Chinese Malaysians were always tinkering with the compensation plan
and every time it crashed and they were gone.

My suggestion is to not tinker with a compensation plan.

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:50 am

Find a worker and put them in your weak leg. That's your only hope of making this thing work. Yours is an all too common story with these type plans.

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by Gery_D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:01 am

PolarBear wrote:First off I have to say I hate when you finish a post and hit submit and it kicks you out because you timed out while writing and lost everything and need to start over.....

So here is my thought. I thought of doing a marketing campaign where I will offer 10% of my existing position to anyone who brings in 2 mid range paid members. I would do this up to 5 times so essentially giving up 50% of my spot.
... As for money the only way I think I would lose is if I get 5 lousy partners that I would end up having to share my work with if they did nothing else. So what is your advice? Good idea? terrible idea? Not offer enough? Offer too much? Won't interest anyone? I am open to all thoughts and suggestions.

First, I can't tell you why they time out but here's a couple of tips. Most times you can hit the back arrow on your browser a couple of times to return to the page containing the reply that was in progress and continue. The other, on this particular site allows you to save your work and return to it when you are ready. So if you are going to be taken away or know your reply will be lengthy or takes time to put your thoughts into words then Click the SAVE button under the textbox. Next go to the User Control Panel (link is upper left on page), Click Manage Drafts, Click View/Edit and proceed. Repeat as necessary. When you are finished SAVE one last time. Then go back as before but click LOAD and then you can "Submit" or make a last minute change and submit.

As for thoughts on your idea, Mike's observation is very true (in many of the Asian markets). I also agree with Steve. The other thing that I see is that it will be difficult to duplicate. A process needs to be consistent throughout your group if it is going to be effective. If some do and some don't the end result will be discord and departure. Are the people you bring in going to want to give up a percentage? Most likely not. Thus you have further limited your prospect pool giving you the same production level as before (possibly less) and less income to show for your efforts. Paying people outside of the standard pay plan might motivate someone initially but as soon as the spiffs end and they begin having the same problem as you had before your remedy they will be gone if unable or unwilling to add your spiff factor to their process.
Gery DiMarco
Gery_D
Advanced Member

by Tsnyder » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Here's an idea for you... find a real business and go to work.
If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
Tsnyder
Advanced Member

by PolarBear » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Mike_Michelozzi wrote:
My suggestion is to not tinker with a compensation plan.

TKDHMike

Thanks Mike. I wasn't looking at changing anything other than giving them a free 10% of mine. But guess you are right that is kind of tinkering. Like I had originally stated though I did not know whether this was a good idea or not so I'll put one in the 'not' column.
PolarBear

by PolarBear » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Steve_Fazia wrote:Find a worker and put them in your weak leg. That's your only hope of making this thing work. Yours is an all too common story with these type plans.

Steve

Well everything I do will be going into that leg now. I am going to be doing some offline advertising and this was what I thought of adding to one of the ads to try and entice someone who knew mlm. I'm thinking more now that this may not be a good idea as I don't mind the sharing part but maybe it wouldn't help attract a better or more motivated worker. Maybe that part has to just be left up to the products we sell, the company and comp plan. Maybe I'd come off looking desperate which would actually work against me.
PolarBear

by Mike_Michelozzi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:51 pm

One reason it's now is because you start something that can become a trend in your down line.

The next person goes only 5% - then another 15% - and another 10% with stipulations.

Soon you have your own hybrid compensation plan not the company plan.

TKDHMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by PolarBear » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:55 pm

Gery_D wrote:First, I can't tell you why they time out but here's a couple of tips. Most times you can hit the back arrow on your browser a couple of times to return to the page containing the reply that was in progress and continue. The other, on this particular site allows you to save your work and return to it when you are ready. So if you are going to be taken away or know your reply will be lengthy or takes time to put your thoughts into words then Click the SAVE button under the textbox. Next go to the User Control Panel (link is upper left on page), Click Manage Drafts, Click View/Edit and proceed. Repeat as necessary. When you are finished SAVE one last time. Then go back as before but click LOAD and then you can "Submit" or make a last minute change and submit.

As for thoughts on your idea, Mike's observation is very true (in many of the Asian markets). I also agree with Steve. The other thing that I see is that it will be difficult to duplicate. A process needs to be consistent throughout your group if it is going to be effective. If some do and some don't the end result will be discord and departure. Are the people you bring in going to want to give up a percentage? Most likely not. Thus you have further limited your prospect pool giving you the same production level as before (possibly less) and less income to show for your efforts. Paying people outside of the standard pay plan might motivate someone initially but as soon as the spiffs end and they begin having the same problem as you had before your remedy they will be gone if unable or unwilling to add your spiff factor to their process.

First thing I did was hit the back button Gery but the page came back with the text box completely empty. But the point of saving is a crucial one. Just to be safe everyone should save or copy their post before hitting the submit button just to be safe. I always try to but there are times of *** brain cramps where I just forget. I blame it on getting older lol.

Now as for the 10% that was only me giving it to one or a couple individuals that I sign up to hopefully attract a worker and as a kick starter. Not meant to be something throughout the leg etc or anyone else to offer. But thinking about it I hadn't thought someone I got knowing someone and offering them 10% of mine. But I would do that as it would achieve the same thing. But all this is only meant for up to a max of 5 people and only 5 - 10%'s of my position as I do want to keep at least half of it.

I can't see why anyone I offered that to would think of doing the same with their position anyway as they wouldn't have a leg built like I do. Unless you meant them trying to offer someone half of the 10% I offered them (5%). Boy this could get confusing then. Therefor I am adding your comment to the no side. Thanks Gery
PolarBear

by PolarBear » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Tsnyder wrote:Here's an idea for you... find a real business and go to work.

This one I just don't get??? Why would someone on an mlm board and with a history here be telling me to get a real business. But for your information after about 8 years for working for someone else I did start a real brick and mortar and successfully for a lot of years until health issues forced me to get out of it. But not before costs ate up a lot of my life savings putting me back to let's call it square 1.1 I then started another business that I could handle and did well with that for over 10 years before I found out that even people who through the years had been very trustworthy credit wise can leave you stranded and screwed during hard times. So then came the net and I am making money from some good affiliate programs but am in a bit of a downer right now since google's last update having hurt my rankings terribly. So I have done the real business as well! And I will go to and stay at work with this thank you very much. This was only meant to get some kick starting help.
PolarBear

by PolarBear » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Mike_Michelozzi wrote:One reason it's now is because you start something that can become a trend in your down line.

The next person goes only 5% - then another 15% - and another 10% with stipulations.

Soon you have your own hybrid compensation plan not the company plan.

TKDHMike

Ok Mike I see your thoughts on this and it's something that had never crossed my mind. People could offer the same thing even if they really had nothing to offer (as in filled positions) not just complicating things but possibly pissing others off. It's good to bounce things off of others as you see things you hadn't before. People I know don't and haven't worked in the industry so can't really talk to them about it as the response usually is get a real job haha.
PolarBear

by goodstuff » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:24 am

PolarBear wrote:First off I have to say I hate when you finish a post and hit submit and it kicks you out because you timed out while writing and lost everything and need to start over.....why are they set up this way??? So here we go again.......

My only other time in an mlm was about 15 years ago in a VOIP one. I made a few bucks, not much but was ok for learning the business until it shut down. Now about may 1st I got into my second one. It only has 2 legs and the one has over 300 signups with about 70 of those paid and which half of are top tier members. The program pays cycle bonuses and right now that leg has approximately 100 cycles ready to claim. The other leg needs only half the volume to be able to claim all the earned cycles to date. The think is the other leg only has a few signups and no paid members yet. With all the members in the other leg and spill still coming down I can see never being able to catch up and make use of anywhere near what will be available in cycling.

So here is my thought. I thought of doing a marketing campaign where I will offer 10% of my existing position to anyone who brings in 2 mid range paid members. I would do this up to 5 times so essentially giving up 50% of my spot. My thinking is that would give a shot in the arm to my other leg and with all the paid positions in the other one already I still cannot see catching up to all the cycle points it will build. Now I don't expect any heavy hitters or such to jump at this but hoping for some workers who will constantly work at building and be team players. As for money the only way I think I would lose is if I get 5 lousy partners that I would end up having to share my work with if they did nothing else. So what is your advice? Good idea? terrible idea? Not offer enough? Offer too much? Won't interest anyone? I am open to all thoughts and suggestions.

What company are you with now?
goodstuff
Advanced Member

by Tsnyder » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:15 pm

PolarBear wrote:
Tsnyder wrote:Here's an idea for you... find a real business and go to work.

This one I just don't get??? Why would someone on an mlm board and with a history here be telling me to get a real business. But for your information after about 8 years for working for someone else I did start a real brick and mortar and successfully for a lot of years until health issues forced me to get out of it. But not before costs ate up a lot of my life savings putting me back to let's call it square 1.1 I then started another business that I could handle and did well with that for over 10 years before I found out that even people who through the years had been very trustworthy credit wise can leave you stranded and screwed during hard times. So then came the net and I am making money from some good affiliate programs but am in a bit of a downer right now since google's last update having hurt my rankings terribly. So I have done the real business as well! And I will go to and stay at work with this thank you very much. This was only meant to get some kick starting help.

MLM is a real business. My comment was motivated by your verbiage... talking about cycles
and signups vs paid memberships.

Whenever I see that kind of language in reference to a comp plan the first thing that jumps
to mind is a money game... they always refer to cycles. Or one of those goofy downline builder
schemes. They aren't real businesses.
If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
Tsnyder
Advanced Member

by PolarBear » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Tsnyder wrote:
MLM is a real business. My comment was motivated by your verbiage... talking about cycles
and signups vs paid memberships.

Whenever I see that kind of language in reference to a comp plan the first thing that jumps
to mind is a money game... they always refer to cycles. Or one of those goofy downline builder
schemes. They aren't real businesses.

Ok I got yeah. Just I get that term thrown at me a lot with a dif meaning. And yeah after having to rewrite the post I hurried a bit the second time so was not as clear as would have liked it to be.

I think they used cycles in this one since there are no recurring monthly fees the cycles allow members to earn on a weekly basis. I still have trouble though trying to comprehend how being able to cycle down to infinity does not cause some positions (signups) to become negatives to the company. I'm sure they don't but I haven't grasped that yet.
PolarBear

by PolarBear » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:06 pm

goodstuff wrote:
What company are you with now?

The one in my signature. That is what I'm focused on. Although I am in Vstream as well because I want to get one of their receivers but just as an affiliate for now as want to use it first to see if it does what they say.
PolarBear