General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by soyssauc3 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:01 pm


Although some may argue otherwise, the purpose of network marketing is not to make quick money. Despite its unpopularity among the general crowd, the main reason most people pursue MLM is to obtain residual income. We all want to establish a system that would allow us to retire and enjoy our lives, free from money and time, but most people lack the resources or talents to create their own system or buy a system. That is where MLM comes in, to ‘supposedly’ allow anyone to reach his or her success.

If you know the true value of network marketing then you probably know that it can be the solution for many people. It is also inevitable, however, to ask why so many people have failed through MLM. It might be because they pursued their business the wrong way or maybe they gave up before climbing over their tipping point. I would like to say, however, that the biggest reason why most people have failed and why MLM is commonly referred to as ‘Most Lose Money’ is because many companies take and have taken advantage of this ideal system. Among the thousands of MLM companies around the globe that come and go every year, it can be practically impossible to find the ‘ideal’ MLM Company. I personally believe that I have found the right tool for myself and want to let you all know, for your sake not mine, but let’s discuss for a minute what an ideal MLM company is.

1) First, there MUST be NO FEES. I know some may disagree because the existence of fees makes the business a lot easier. However, this is absolutely a must, especially if you truly want a stable retirement plan – a residual income. There are lot of factors that are affected when fees come in to play, whether it is a registration fee, annual fee, website fee or a monthly purchase requirement. Of course, when there are some sort of fees, it is easier for the business because you can receive referral commissions and it is easier to make sales profit. You must not forget, however, that if there are fees, then you might be forcing yourself or someone else use the product or service offered even if it is not enjoyable. This is something that cannot last for a long time and most importantly, when a business has fees and purchase requirements, your work will never end. Although you have become successful, you have to continue to pay your dues and even worse, your partners’ dues. I have seen many occasions in MLM where the downlines are burdened by the never-ending fees and purchases that they often ask their sponsors for their help. The excess expenditure would position the sponsors back on the starting point, left with nothing much, and if they chose not to help, then the partners would easily leave, taking away the sponsors’ success along with them. It is where you have no fees and requirements that you truly can be set free from money and time.
2) There MUST be NO DEADLINES or RESET OF POINTS. This coincides with the first point. If the company advertises no purchase requirement but has monthly deadlines, then it is contradicting its point. To avoid losing all the points, you are basically forced to make a purchase. The points should roll over until you receive your commission naturally.
3) The business you are entering MUST, absolutely MUST, provide DAILY PRODUCTS or ROUTINELY ESSENTIAL SERVICES. If you sell appliances to your customers, you may not hear back from them for the next 10 years and they probably will not contact you when it is time for a new one. You have to sell daily products such as shampoo and toothpaste something that people need to use over and over again or offer services that they need every month.
4) The products MUST be GOOD AND CHEAP. This is the most common problems that many network marketing companies have. Most products offered by MLM companies are good, yes, but they tend to be expensive. Many people, even the consumers, might think that it is the Law of Nature for the good products to be pricy but it is not necessarily true, especially for daily products. If the products or service is expensive, you may be able to intrigue your consumers into trying it, but you will have to chase them down every month for a repurchase. Of course, the same goes for the cheap quality products and services as well. This is the reason why many companies induce fees and purchase requirements because then the members will force themselves to continue using the products not because they want to.
5) There MUST be a MAXIMUM LIMIT of INCOME. I bet many will agree with this one but it is always better for the general population if there are 10 people making $100,000 rather than 1 person making $1,000,000. If the people on the top takes unlimited amounts of money, you better prepare yourself for a very long and difficult journey.

There are more aspects that form an ideal network-marketing company but I will stop here because these five are probably the most important ones. Since this forum is not inteded for advertisements, I will stop here and say no more.
EDITED: Please Review Forum Guidelines
I hope everyone reaches their success and become truly free men and women in this hectic world.

Good luck,
Cal Bahk
User avatar
soyssauc3
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by Steve_Fazia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 am


Hi Cal,

Very insightful and thoughtful first post! Welcome to the forum too. Hope you will continue to share your experiences in the world of network marketing. I agree with a lot of what you posted. Hopefully others will chime in on the discussion. Wishing you much success in your endeavors!

Regards,

Steve
User avatar
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: , USA

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by scottwilson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:27 pm


I agree with your post and you could have been writing this for a company that I am promoting. I think annual fees, and large product package purchases to get started in this business stops people from building to their fullest potential. No fees, low trial size products allow others to see if the product is for them. If someone benefits from a low cost trial then you develop people that wants to share their experience with the product instead of worrying about a large autoship coming due the next month, less selling and more sharing is what this business should be more about.

Scott Wilson
User avatar
scottwilson
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by MaríaMLM » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am


I am very agree with the information provided, many networkers started the business thinking that is a quick way to make money. However, as every other way of entrepreneur there is not a magic way to be successful without any effort behind.
For the marketing multinivel industry, there are some keys to bear in mind to not fail at the first attempt, such as the ones have been mentioned, for example there shouldn´t be fees, the product has to be good and not expensive and you can not earn money just for recruiting team members.
Last edited by MaríaMLM on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
MaríaMLM
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by Gery_D » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 am


Soyssauc3 are you associated with Rallyware? That is where this article came from. This is one of two posts over the last 4 days by different user names (In the event both names are your accounts note that forum guidelines permit only 1 user ID) from that site and posted without accreditation to the author. I did see there were links back to rallyware before the moderators removed them per Forum Guidelines. The information does hold some value so please either reference the source without advertising the URL in the post or build a sig file to promote yourself if you are the author and represent an MLM or training business.

I disagree with points 4 and 5. There are many good and cheap products out there but that just makes them run of the mill. Far too often I see critique about "Me Too" products and it casts a shadow over the good that the business and perhaps the products provide. The average Ind. Dist. does not have the skills to sell the value of their service to offset this problem. In point 5 you note there must be an income cap and that many will agree. Your example is true in selling the benefit of MLM and at the same time detracts from a major benefit of being an Ind. Dist., that being the opportunity of unlimited income.
User avatar
Gery_D
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9058
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Garland, TX, USA

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by Steve_Fazia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 am


Point #5 would make for an interesting thread in and of itself. I can see capping one's income to spread the wealth so to speak. But as Gery noted, one of the major draws of the NM industry is the potential for unlimited income. Interestingly, there is a new company actually launching today which has a cap on income within the general matrix; however, it can morph into unlimited income by virtue of matching bonuses on personal referral earnings within that same matrix. Interesting blend of the 2 ideas....

Steve
User avatar
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: , USA

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by luisaestrada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:44 am


Steve_Fazia wrote:Point #5 would make for an interesting thread in and of itself. I can see capping one's income to spread the wealth so to speak. But as Gery noted,one of the major draws of the NM industry is the potential for unlimited income. Interestingly, there is a new company actually launching today which has a cap on income within the general matrix; however, it can morph into unlimited income by virtue of matching bonuses on personal referral earnings within that same matrix. Interesting blend of the 2 ideas....

Steve


Very Informative Comment Great Steve :)

Edited: Please read Forum Guidelines.
Last edited by luisaestrada on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
luisaestrada
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by soyssauc3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm


Gery_D wrote:Soyssauc3 are you associated with Rallyware? That is where this article came from. This is one of two posts over the last 4 days by different user names (In the event both names are your accounts note that forum guidelines permit only 1 user ID) from that site and posted without accreditation to the author. I did see there were links back to rallyware before the moderators removed them per Forum Guidelines. The information does hold some value so please either reference the source without advertising the URL in the post or build a sig file to promote yourself if you are the author and represent an MLM or training business.

I disagree with points 4 and 5. There are many good and cheap products out there but that just makes them run of the mill. Far too often I see critique about "Me Too" products and it casts a shadow over the good that the business and perhaps the products provide. The average Ind. Dist. does not have the skills to sell the value of their service to offset this problem. In point 5 you note there must be an income cap and that many will agree. Your example is true in selling the benefit of MLM and at the same time detracts from a major benefit of being an Ind. Dist., that being the opportunity of unlimited income.


No I am not with Rallyware and that is not where this article came from because if I am not mistaken, I remember myself sitting in front of my computer and writing every word of this post haha. If the writing is exactly the same, word for word, then perhaps someone might have copied my post? I do not know what Rallyware is. Thanks for the heads up.

I also understand why you would disagree with point 4. I guess that would simply depend on your targeted crowd in the market. And I agree that the opportunity of unlimited income is a big appealing factor for many. However, then you would have to research the compensation plan very carefully and see how it is designed to provide equal opportunities for everyone. Most of the time unlimited income = much of your effort leaked to benefit someone else. I can't think off the top of my head how you would be able to provide fair opportunities without an income cap. Also, my viewpoint of 'true' network marketing is not how much can you make but is it really sustainable residual income. Good, luxury product may help you make big bucks fast, but how long will that last? Basically, you cannot just have people who do business in your line but you also need simple consumers. Simple consumers will only last forever if the product is good and cheap which = my retirement with truly residual income that lasts.
User avatar
soyssauc3
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by soyssauc3 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:43 pm


Steve_Fazia wrote:Point #5 would make for an interesting thread in and of itself. I can see capping one's income to spread the wealth so to speak. But as Gery noted, one of the major draws of the NM industry is the potential for unlimited income. Interestingly, there is a new company actually launching today which has a cap on income within the general matrix; however, it can morph into unlimited income by virtue of matching bonuses on personal referral earnings within that same matrix. Interesting blend of the 2 ideas....

Steve


Yes it is true that unlimited income is an aspect that some cannot leave out when they are searching for NM. But my perspective, when I look at the 'idea' of Network Marketing is that, it is not about becoming a millionaire. It is about getting rid of your work. Would I like to make millions of dollars if possible? Of course! But if I could make enough to have a good house, good cars and travel or do whatever I want, that is also enough. For instance, the income cap for the mlm I am doing is $50,000 a month. Then, I won't be able to buy jets, but I will be able to at least pay membership to ride a private jet when I travel. ;) Someone might suggest, why don't you become a millionaire in other MLM companies and then retire. Then I would ask, what are the chances that you could become a millionaire in that company and how long will that take while the upline's income is continuously growing as you grow? I would rather work for 3-5 years, retire with $50,000/month and invest whatever I have left after enjoying my life, if I want to have my own jet. :D
User avatar
soyssauc3
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by Laurence » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 am


I have to disagree about the no fees point.

I see the fee as being a commitment.

It shows that the person is serious about the business.

Here in the UK, we have a limit of £200 as a joining fee set in law, and presently the company I work with sets the joining fee at £199.75, in addition and some joinees can qualify for a a discount and bring that down to £100. When they join, they in turn can invite three friends to join at £10 each. This gives them a fast start.

In addition, the company I work with offers a full money back guarantee any time during the first 90 days.

So the no fee has little merit in my book.

The company provides training and invests £2.5 million a year - distributors are not charged to attend training.

I wonder how many no or low fee businesses charge a fee for training?

Also there is no need to buy any stock being a service based business.
UK based and working with Utility Warehouse Discount Club - some stunning deals for the home and business user and always looking to add new distributors.
UK only. http://www.future-biz.co.uk
User avatar
Laurence
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:52 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by soyssauc3 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:16 pm


Laurence wrote:I have to disagree about the no fees point.

I see the fee as being a commitment.

It shows that the person is serious about the business.

Here in the UK, we have a limit of £200 as a joining fee set in law, and presently the company I work with sets the joining fee at £199.75, in addition and some joinees can qualify for a a discount and bring that down to £100. When they join, they in turn can invite three friends to join at £10 each. This gives them a fast start.

In addition, the company I work with offers a full money back guarantee any time during the first 90 days.

So the no fee has little merit in my book.

The company provides training and invests £2.5 million a year - distributors are not charged to attend training.

I wonder how many no or low fee businesses charge a fee for training?

Also there is no need to buy any stock being a service based business.


Well, yes, like I have mentioned, fee = fast track to income. But it is not necessarily fast track to 'success'. It would depend on the type of goods or services offered by your company but it depends on whether consumers (not people seeking for income) would find it beneficial to join the system. If only business members join then it = work forever. Someone on top may be able to retire but what happens if some other company with better terms come out and people on the bottom switches over? The leader on the top would need to start working again. In the example of my company, we deal with daily products so when the company has no fees and provide good quality and price, then the consumers can easily come to us instead of going to discount stores, markets, department stores, other internet shopping malls, etc. Only those, among these consumers, who want to do it as business can do this seriously and because there are consumers generating profit all the time, your work would end eventually.

Now, regarding training and other investments provided by the company, it has nothing to with fees. It solely depends on whether the company prioritizes its members or profit. My company provides free seminar once every month at a hotel, in many States of US and the same for 10 countries around the world, and holds a big, all-day seminar every 3 months which cost $50 USD because lunch and dinner is provided in the hotel. Now the company is investing much more to build its own setup in all these locations so that they will not have to pay the hotel every month. So that being said, it really depends upon whether your company is willing to take a portion of their profit to invest into its members or if they want to take all sales profit for themselves and only invest with other fees. If the goods or services are worth it and result in a flourishing business, the company doesn't need any fees to generate profit and invest.
User avatar
soyssauc3
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by imwithval » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:40 pm


In determining what's to be looked for in an ideal network marketing company, the whole fee question is debatable. I think when there's a fee that is required, it shows a certain level of commitment from the part of the distributor who enrolls. Now, the issue is: there may be prospective distributors who are interested but the fees level might prevent them from signing up. That's a legitimate concern, but then that's the moment where desire, motivation and resourcefulness is tested.
Ultimately, what determines the success or not of a distributor in an opportunity offered by an MLM company is, in my opinion not whether that company meets these criteria listed; or doesn't, though arguably important. I think the success of a rep is first based on the belief in the product or service. Then after that, the distributor's reason(s) for getting into the business. An MLM rep is better off being clear about why he or she is doing the business, because ultimately when times get tough, that reason will sustain the rep in keeping on keeping on. If the reason is a shallow one, like "I just want to make money" that will not work. training offered. On the other hand a distributor who has as a reason the fact that he or she wants to spend more time with family because he or she wants to see the children grow up and take part in their activities at school; that's the type of reasons that will motivate to succeed.
Sales and marketing training and support is another key element in the ideal company. That's one I look for anyways. You can have all the best product or service that you want, if there's no proper training and support to back that up, it's pretty much a lost cause.
These are a few point that in my opinion are to be looked for in determining the ideal company and the factors that will ideally help in an mlm rep to be successful.
User avatar
imwithval
Jr Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:43 pm
Location: Texas

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by Gery_D » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am


imwithval wrote: I think the success of a rep is first based on the belief in the product or service. Then after that, the distributor's reason(s) for getting into the business. An MLM rep is better off being clear about why he or she is doing the business, because ultimately when times get tough, that reason will sustain the rep in keeping on keeping on. If the reason is a shallow one, like "I just want to make money" that will not work. training offered. On the other hand a distributor who has as a reason the fact that he or she wants to spend more time with family because he or she wants to see the children grow up and take part in their activities at school; that's the type of reasons that will motivate to succeed.

You make some valid points however, I beg to argue the order and also the depth of the why as noted above. The why is most important on both fronts, with belief parallel on the success side. Ideally you want to have belief in a product or service offering of a company that you sign on with. You need to have examined your "why" before signing on. A sponsor should also know your "why" before enrolling you or as soon as possible after you enroll if you are a blind sign up in order to create and direct your success path.

While I agree that the "make more money" answer is superficial, so is "Spend more time with family" When I get those answers I ask why to that scenario. What is the benefit that will be derive from that. For example, if you tell me you want to start your own business so that you can be free to attend your child's activities, why is that? What will that do for you? The answer might be because I want my child to know I support them in their efforts or I want to there to answer their questions and discuss things as they grow and encounter new things. Why is that?, I might ask. To ensure that they have the best guidance to find those answers before they get the wrong ones or make decisions that could cause them harm now or in the future is often the reply. Same thing with the "more money" reply. Why? How will you benefit from that. Now those are driving forces that you both can use to inspire action. Those are "whys" that you can paint a much more defined picture when working one on one.
User avatar
Gery_D
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9058
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Garland, TX, USA

Re: What is an Ideal Network Marketing Company?

by imwithval » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 pm


Gery_D wrote:
imwithval wrote: I think the success of a rep is first based on the belief in the product or service. Then after that, the distributor's reason(s) for getting into the business. An MLM rep is better off being clear about why he or she is doing the business, because ultimately when times get tough, that reason will sustain the rep in keeping on keeping on. If the reason is a shallow one, like "I just want to make money" that will not work. training offered. On the other hand a distributor who has as a reason the fact that he or she wants to spend more time with family because he or she wants to see the children grow up and take part in their activities at school; that's the type of reasons that will motivate to succeed.

You make some valid points however, I beg to argue the order and also the depth of the why as noted above. The why is most important on both fronts, with belief parallel on the success side. Ideally you want to have belief in a product or service offering of a company that you sign on with. You need to have examined your "why" before signing on. A sponsor should also know your "why" before enrolling you or as soon as possible after you enroll if you are a blind sign up in order to create and direct your success path.

While I agree that the "make more money" answer is superficial, so is "Spend more time with family" When I get those answers I ask why to that scenario. What is the benefit that will be derive from that. For example, if you tell me you want to start your own business so that you can be free to attend your child's activities, why is that? What will that do for you? The answer might be because I want my child to know I support them in their efforts or I want to there to answer their questions and discuss things as they grow and encounter new things. Why is that?, I might ask. To ensure that they have the best guidance to find those answers before they get the wrong ones or make decisions that could cause them harm now or in the future is often the reply. Same thing with the "more money" reply. Why? How will you benefit from that. Now those are driving forces that you both can use to inspire action. Those are "whys" that you can paint a much more defined picture when working one on one.


I totally agree with your answer Gery, It's vital to dig deeper. I must say that it can really be a hard thing to do in the sense as in this day and age very few want to think that deep. That's where it's very important to have a sponsor who understands that part and is willing to invest the time with the new rep to dig deep, because on his or her own it'll probably be hard to do as a general rule. This is a time of relationship building as well, of connecting. My experience has been that not many sponsors are willing to invest that time, though I understand that the sponsor has to be very discerning and wise about who to invest or not invest that time with. Then again that time will allow to determine how motivated and committed the new distributor is about taking full advantage of the opportunity available to him or her.
So to get back to the point of the article that started the discussion one important key to look in the ideal MLM company is the quality of the training and support. It all start from the top of the business. If the leadership is committed to the success of its distributor it'll flow; it'll show. One of the ways it'll show is in the training and support offered.
User avatar
imwithval
Jr Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:43 pm
Location: Texas