General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Do You Think Forced Auto-Ship is Good or Bad?

by chuckholmes » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 am

Do you like or dislike auto-ship? What are your thoughts about it and how should it be in a perfect world?
Make 2019 Your Year!
http://www.startafunbiz.com
chuckholmes
Advanced Member

Re: Do You Think Forced Auto-Ship is Good or Bad?

by epixelmlm » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Hello, I think forced autoship is a very good option on multi-level marketing business, It attracts customers to your mlm system and you can increase your sales.
epixelmlm

by Steve_Fazia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:42 am

chuckholmes wrote:Do you like or dislike auto-ship? What are your thoughts about it and how should it be in a perfect world?

I remember in the late 80s when companies first started using autoship. It was touted as a convenience so distributors did not have to think about ordering each month; qualifications for commissions was insured. It was a new way of doing business at the time, and people bought into it.

Unfortunately, it has become a negative over the years, with companies demanding you enroll in autoship to be paid. This is especially disheartening for new distributors, who are testing the products and learning about the company. To put this demand on them makes them uneasy in many cases.

What I have found to be a viable compromise is what is called a backup autoship. Let the distributor order what they want and need each month, but have a standing order in place for a couple of the company's most popular products just in case life gets in the way and the distributor misses placing an order in a particular month. This practice has worked well in my company over the years.

Bottom line is people don't like being forced to do anything. The last thing our industry needs is a business practice which alienates potential newcomers!

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by chuckholmes » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Steve_Fazia wrote:
chuckholmes wrote:Do you like or dislike auto-ship? What are your thoughts about it and how should it be in a perfect world?

I remember in the late 80s when companies first started using autoship. It was touted as a convenience so distributors did not have to think about ordering each month; qualifications for commissions was insured. It was a new way of doing business at the time, and people bought into it.

Unfortunately, it has become a negative over the years, with companies demanding you enroll in autoship to be paid. This is especially disheartening for new distributors, who are testing the products and learning about the company. To put this demand on them makes them uneasy in many cases.

What I have found to be a viable compromise is what is called a backup autoship. Let the distributor order what they want and need each month, but have a standing order in place for a couple of the company's most popular products just in case life gets in the way and the distributor misses placing an order in a particular month. This practice has worked well in my company over the years.

Bottom line is people don't like being forced to do anything. The last thing our industry needs is a business practice which alienates potential newcomers!

Steve

Yes, people don't like being forced to do anything. Me included.

I don't like back up orders either myself. That scares a lot of people. I just like the idea of people placing their own order whenever they want to during the month. I also like the idea of companies rewarding people who do utilize auto-ship, in the form of free shipping or discounted products or discounted shipping.

The # 1 question prospects ask me is "do I have to buy it every single month?" That seems to scare a lot of prospects off.

Forcing people to be on autoship to be eligible for commissions, in my opinion, is a horrible idea.
Make 2019 Your Year!
http://www.startafunbiz.com
chuckholmes
Advanced Member